Scoring will be based off the grading below.
Measurements for Bodyfat (in store) are highly recommended!!!
It is not a requirement of the challenge, but it is such valuable information to track your progress.
To be eligible for prizes, we must get your measurements!
|For eating real food
||For eating not too much
||For eating mostly plants
||For sleeping 7+ hours
|Real food was once alive and doesn’t come from a box or container. If it has a long shelf life it is a man-made, edible, food-like substance – not food.
||Not too much means 3-4 meals a day, no seconds, and no snacking. We will rely on the portion controlled containers to measure our food. (see below for details)
||Mostly Plants is just that! Every meal needs to consist mostly of vegetables. A plate should be covered with vegetables then the protein and starch can be added. The large section of the container is for vegetables but you are allowed unlimited vegetables at each meal.
||Sleep is more important than working out. No amount of working out can undo the negative effects of a poor night’s sleep.
HOW TO TALLY UP YOUR DAY
Perfect day of eating. No cheats.
One minor slip. Milk in the coffee, condiments (salad dressing, mayo, bbq sauce, ketchup, etc), a tortilla chip, less than 7 hours sleep.
Significant slip, but not an entire meal: One glass of wine or beer, finished your kid’s McDonalds, piece of bread at dinner.
Major slip. Pizza or pasta for dinner, 2 beers at a game, ice cream.
More than one solid cheat throughout the day. 2+ meals lost.
There is a chance for up to (3) Bonus Points per Day
• 3 Meals a Day (Pre and Post-Workout Nutrition are exceptions)
• A WOD at Crossfit Townsville, or an approved CFTSV Travel WOD
• 50% of Each Meal is Vegetables. Fibrous Vegetables, not starches (such as sweet potatoes)
If you are a male or female over 75kg you are allotted 4 trays per day.
If you are a male or female under 75kg you are allotted 3 trays per day.
Vegetables will go in the large part of your container. Each meal must have at least this many vegetables. To keep it simple, if it’s a vegetable eat it. Diversify what vegetables are on your plate from meal to meal and you are all set.
Protein will go in one of the small compartments of your tray. The leaner the better. Grass-fed and organic are ideal. Wild-caught cold water fish are best. Eg Fish, Meat, Eggs
Carbs will go in the other small compartment. We want to have nutrient-dense carbohydrates. Fruits and these starchy carbs will do that for us. Eg, Sweet Potato, Squash, Fruit
A serving size of fat is the size of your thumb. Here are the healthy options like avocado, grass-fed butter, olive and avocado oil, and fish oil.
“What about” Foods:
- NO cold cuts or cured meats
- NO almond or coconut flour
- NO Canola or Vegetable oil
- NO Oatmeal
- NO Quest bars, Paleo bars etc.
- Clean Bacon is “fat”
- Sweet Potato is fine (but not restaurant sweet potato fries… Born Wild Café’s are OK)
- Balsamic Vinegar can be used(“Vinaigrettes” commonly have added sugars). Try Coconut Amino sauces!
- Coconut, olive, avocado, and nut oils are good
- Coconut milk, almond milk (unsweetened)
- Nut butters must have no added ingredients other than salt
- Grass-Fed butter, Ghee, Nutritional Yeast, Baking Soda/Powder, Salt can be used
- Green Beans and Peas… but not chick peas!
- Coffee (black) and Tea (unsweetened), Soda/Sparkling Water
- Chicken and Beef broth/stock can be used
- Mustards and Hot Sauces made with natural ingredients (check labels for sugars, unhealthy oils).
Very simply put pre and post workout supplements are focused on performance. If you are not where you want to be composition wise then performance is not the priority. For that reason if you are a man over 15 percent body fat or a woman over 22 percent body fat then you do not need to take pre or post workout supplements. If you going to take a pre and post workout, it must be consumed within 45 minutes of your workout. If taken outside this window then points will be deducted off your daily total.