Food allergy / intolerance testing
Food allergy / intolerance testing
More often than not people are unaware that the foods they eat are causing their adverse reactions. This is common because the symptoms associated with food sensitivities occur hours, even days after the offending food has been eaten. This is known as an IgG allergy immune response where the hypersensitivity reaction is delayed.
Conditions and symptoms associated with IgG food allergies include abdominal pain, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, IBS, nausea, reflux, sinusitis, fatigue, headaches, migraines, mood swings, depression, anxiety, behaviour problems especially seen in children, autoimmune disease and skin conditions.
Over time, the immune response that occurs from food sensitivities start to reduce the integrity of the gut lining causing damage and hence, may be the underlying cause of the symptoms mentioned above.
The IgG allergy test involves a finger prick blood sample which analyses 96 different foods as well as testing for the presence of Candida albicans. Treatment involves identifying and eliminating food allergens while we work to strengthen and heal the gut wall.
The Benefits of Testing
Helps to identify whether the food you are eating is contributing to physical, mental and emotional symptoms.
Research and clinical studies suggest food allergies identified by IgG testing can be major contributing factors to many chronic health conditions.
By eliminating all identified food allergens after testing can reduce stress on the immune system, decrease inflammation, resolve food cravings and improve symptoms.
Naturopathic Physical Observations
Hair, skin, nails, iris, tongue, ears
Blood pressure, pulse
Gastrointestinal Tract Testing (Gut)
- Food Allergy Testing
- Complete digestive stool analysis (CDSA) Level 2
- General wellness profile (FBC, E/LFT, CRP, Iron Studies)
- Cardiovascular Profile (Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL/LDL, LP(a), APO A, APO B, High Sensitivity CRP, Urine Catecholamines, Renin/Aldosterone, Homocysteine, glucose)
- Coeliac Profile (Gliadin IgA & IgG, Transglutaminase Abs)
- Thyroid Profile (TSH, T3, T4)
- Thyroid Extensive Profile (THS, T3, T4, Thyroid Tissue Antibodies, Thyroid Receptor Antibodies, Reverse T3)
- Diabetic Profile (Glucose, HbA1c, urine Albumin, Urine Protein)
- MTHFR Gene Testing
- Urine Pyrroles
Hormone Testing (male and female)
- Cortisol/ DHEA
- FSH/LH, Testosterone, Oestradiol, Progesterone
- Parathyroid Hormone
- Adrenal hormone profile
- Baseline hormone profile – Female(E1, E2, E3, progesterone, testosterone, cortisol, DHEA-S)
- Baseline hormone profile – Male (E1, E2, Testosterone, DHEA – S, Cortisol)
Vitamin and Mineral Testing
- Active Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin D (1, 25 OH)
- Iron studies
Each test is an additional cost and will be discussed within your consult.
60 Minutes - $110
Your initial consultation is structured around your current health, factors that have influenced your health and where you would like to see your health in the future. Your initial consult includes; an extensive look into your personal and family medical history, a comprehensive dietary analysis and a look into lifestyle factors. As part of this consult we do comprehensive diagnostic testing and analyse any blood reports. We then take time in researching and planning an individual treatment program specific to your health needs. Additional testing and referrals will also be discussed.